LIGHTING & GRIP 101
Lighting & Grip 1-Day Boot Camp!
Get the basic tools you need to get started in the creative and technical world of Lighting & Grip!
This department, also known as Grip and Electric or “G&E”, is made up of a team of people who not only handle all the lighting on a set, but also build the rigs that hold the lights, diffusers, green screens, etc. A lot of skill and creativity is needed in order to light a set for the mood the director needs. The show quite literally cannot go on without the G&E department!
In the Lighting & Grip Boot Camp, students will gain inside knowledge of the department from working professionals.
Watch Joshua’s testimonial of his experience in one of our past Lighting & Grip Boot Camps!
Students can expect to learn:
- Equipment and tools of the trade
- Diffusion panels, HMI, quartz, c-stands, flags, cables
- G&E safety
- The complete breakdown of the G&E department and the various roles and titles
- The basic duties/responsibilities of each person within the department
- How to get a job in the G&E Department
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge from working professionals
- Production terminology
- Union vs. Non-union
Cinema South Studios
145 Robison Drive, Fayetteville, GA 30214
Early Registration $199
$249 Beginning when early registration ends
10% Military Discount (Call for military discount)